The table intially had deep scratches, holes (from i dont know what), and some sort of laminate glued on. But nothing to worry about. The fiance got the belt sander out, and gave it a good sanding back
I then gave the legs a paint using a antique white, and whitewashed the top. I distressed this table a little more than i normally would and i really like how it turned out.
It was time to head over to the graphics fairy blog, and decide on a print i wanted to use. I wanted something that was fairly simple, but effective. I decided on this...
First i enlarged the print using block poster (it's really easy if you want to try it out).
I then put all the 9 pages together using sticky tape.
I flipped the print upside down, and using a lead pencil i colored in the print
I turned it right side up, measured the centre, and sticky taped the edges in place.
Using a felt tip black pen, i outlined the whole the piece. I wasn't sure if it was going to work or not, as this was my first time trying it out, but once i lifted the paper and saw the outline i was amazed...it worked !!!
Here is a lok at the outline it imprinted onto the table
Using a black sharpie i colored in the whole thing, i was indecive whether to use paint or sharpie... sharpie won, and it turned out great !!
i finished thie piece with a bit of clear/dark wax, and wa-la
Take a look...
I LOVE IT ! definitely one of my fav pieces...
The Graphics Fairy gives a really good detailed instruction post on how to do this, so check it out HERE
Linking up to